1PAAT Terms & Conditions
Last modified: June 7, 2012
Welcome to 1PAAT (One Problem At A Time)! 1PAAT funds one specific community development project at a time that is implemented on the ground by 501(c)(3) organizations. Another sponsored issue is not showcased until the money has been raised to fund and solve the previous problem.
1. Joining 1PAATWe invite you to join by clicking the “Join” button on the homepage. You have three options $0.50 a month (“1PAAT Visionary”-membership status), $1.00 a month (“1PAAT Commitment”-membership status), and $2.50 a month (“1PAAT Devotion”-membership status). If you do not join, you may not be able to use all of the features of the website. If you register, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself.
2. Acceptable Use1PAAT hereby grants you the right to access and use the website only for the purposes of sharing information for non-commercial uses in accordance with the Terms. While using the Website, you must comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations. Your use of any Materials and the rest of the Website is your sole responsibility.
All content of the website, which may include without limitation, information, text, data, photographs, audio, video, images, graphics, logos, trademarks, service marks, and other content or materials, associated technology and software, and the look and feel of the website (collectively "Content"), are the proprietary property of 1PAAT, which is owned by 1PAAT or its sponsoring organizations. Any rights to content not expressly granted to you herein are reserved by 1PAAT. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. You agree not to reproduce, modify, copy, frame, reproduce, display, transmit, distribute, publish, sell, or otherwise commercially exploit the website and/or content in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without express written permission from 1PAAT, and any such use is strictly prohibited, except in regards to you own materials posted on the website in accordance with the terms or as expressly allowed in these terms. Unless you have received specific written permission from 1PAAT, you may not (a) frame or otherwise impose editorial comment, commercial material or any information or content on, or in proximity to, content or materials displayed on the website or (b) alter or modify any content on the website.
3. No Representations, Warranties or EndorsementsThe content and materials provided on the website or in email messages are gathered from a variety of sources and are intended solely as general information. Inclusion of any content or materials on the website does not constitute or indicate 1PAAT’s endorsement, representation or warranty of such information (which may include organization descriptions and missions, donation amounts) or its accuracy, completeness, or timeliness. through the website (including materials, content, and emails), you may receive access to individuals or entities; however, your choice to contact or deal with any of these individuals or entities is your sole responsibility and 1PAAT is not involved in any transactions or dealings you have with any third parties.
4. Intellectual PropertyThe intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade dress, derivative works, moral rights, trade secrets, and proprietary information and technology, associated with the content and/or the website itself are owned or licensed by 1PAAT. Except as expressly provided herein, neither 1PAAT nor its sponsoring organizations confers upon you by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right under any such intellectual property. No intellectual property ownership rights are or will be assigned to you. You agree not to infringe or challenge any of the intellectual property rights associated with Content and/or Website.
1PAAT reserves the right to block, disable, or otherwise remove any materials from website as well as terminate access to the website if you engage in copyright or other intellectual property infringement or for any other reason.
To meet the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at the Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the signing have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signing party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringe
5. IndemnityYou agree to indemnify, defend, and hold 1PAAT and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, and affiliates and (collectively, "Affiliates") harmless from any claim, action, or demand, and associated costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of your (or anyone using your password) materials; use of the website; interaction with causes, companies or organizations that advertise or solicit donations on the website; violation of these terms; or violation of any third party's intellectual property, privacy or other rights.
6. Disclaimer of WarrantiesExcept if expressly provided otherwise in the terms, the website (including without limitation, all content, materials (and material linked thereto), advertisements, links, and emails) is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind. 1PAAT hereby disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by law: all warranties either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement; and other warranties including but not limited to: uninterrupted use; availability of the website; lack of viruses, worms, trojan horses, or code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties; accuracy, completeness, reliability, timeliness, currency, or usefulness of any information provided on or through the website; and any duties of reasonable care, workmanlike effort or lack of negligence in connection with the website. 1PAAT is not engaged in the provision of legal, tax, or other professional advice or services and you agree that the website does not contain any legal, tax, or other professional advice. If you are in need of such services, you should contact the appropriate licensed and qualified professional. 1PAAT is not involved with the processing, exchange, donations of money as may be arranged by third parties on the website; therefore, 1PAAT is not responsible for any transactions associated with donations solicited, promised, or otherwise on the website.
7. Assumption of RisksYour interactions with users or other third parties (including advertisers, causes, charities, and others) are solely between you and such individuals or entities. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that 1PAAT shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between users of this website, or between a user and any third party, you understand and agree that 1PAAT is under no obligation to become involved and is not subject to any liability.
8. Liability LimitationTo the maximum extent allowed by law, you agree that neither 1PAAT, nor any of its affiliates will be liable to you and/or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, special, punitive, or incidental damages (including but not limited to lost profits, loss of privacy, loss of data, deletion or failure to store email messages, damage to user computer systems) whatsoever that arise out of or are related to: the website (and your use of, or inability to use, the website); the modification, alteration, or termination of the website or your access to it; or any breach of these terms, even if 1PAAT has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even in the event of fault, tort, or strict or product liability. Any claims arising from the website must be brought within one year of the date on which liability arose. Neither 1PAAT nor its affiliates are responsible for any violation of the privacy or other rights of any third party due to posting of voting information, which is the sole responsibility of the user posting such information.
9. Links1PAAT and its members may provide links to third party websites (including advertisers and others) on the website. Third parties are not under the control of 1PAAT and 1PAAT is not responsible for their content or conduct. If you access a third party website from the website, you do so at your own risk. 1PAAT provides links as a convenience and the inclusion of the link does not indicate or imply that 1PAAT endorses, represents, warrants, or accepts any responsibility for the content on third-party websites. Additionally, your dealings with or participation in offers or solicitations from third parties found on the website, including delivery and any other terms (such as warranties, guarantees, etc.) are solely between you and such third parties. You agree that 1PAAT shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealings with such third parties.
10. Donations to Charities1PAAT offers you a way to donate to the current project being fundraised by joining 1PAAT as a member and by donating directly to the charity by following the link on to the organization's website on the "Home" and "Projects" pages. By joining, you agree to these terms, including without limitation this Section 10. As required by the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS"), the sponsored organization has exclusive legal control over the donation. In the rare event that a charity selected does not satisfy 1PAAT's criteria for receiving donations (i.e., it has been classified by the IRS as a disqualified supporting organization, it cannot or does not accept donations, is not recognized by the IRS as a public charity, or is not in good standing with federal and state regulators) 1PAAT will select an alternate charity to receive your donation funds. You agree that 10% of your transaction will be directed to 1PAAT as membership fees (enables 1PAAT to pay associated operation costs) and that this fee is deducted before PayPal disburses 90% of your transaction as a donation directly to the charity currently being supported. Your donations are tax deductible. If you have questions related to the donation process, please contact 1PAAT at help@1PAAT.org.
11. International UseThis website is controlled and operated from within the United States. 1PAAT makes no representation that the website is appropriate or available in locations outside the United States. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
1PAAT reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your membership, the Terms, and/or your access to all or a portion of the website and/or remove any registration information or materials from the website, for any reason (including if you breach of any of the provisions of the terms). Upon termination or expiration of the terms, your obligations and 1PAAT’s rights and disclaimers survive, but your right to use the website immediately ceases. 1PAAT’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive 1PAAT’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.